Thursday, January 22, 2009

First Blog, take 2

This is take two because Blogger was apparently down for a minute or two there when I first tried to publish this.
I'm going to be honest and tell you that there were a lot of my choices about this blog that were influenced by the fact that my family is moving to a new apartment tomorrow. Long story short, my first consideration was ease. I remembered setting up an account here for the Ozarks Writing Project last summer and went back.
I was also influenced by the fact that my experience with Google's various things has been essentially problem-free. At one point, I was keeping up fairly well with new developments but I am now the idiot they need to proof things from, so I wanted something that would do as much of it as possible for me and Google's applications have done that for me in the past.
The setup process here didn't disappoint as I was taken by the hand and walked through the process. The instructions were clear and the process made it seem impossible to make anything but aesthetic mistakes. I wasn't surprised by the lack of choice when it came to templates as I'm familiar with the Internet's negative correlation between ease of set-up and range of choice. This did make it easy to compare all of them and pick the one I liked the most, minima black.
For now, back to packing and then see what the available options are.

No comments:

Post a Comment